Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Liz's Word

To use a cliché', is your glass half empty or half full?

Yeah, gas prices are $4+ a gallon, whispers of the "r" word are becoming more prevalent (recession), food prices and the over all costs of living continue to rise . . . but I like to think that with every challenge there is an opportunity to grow and make your life better. It's all about your perspective.
The same goes for our real estate market. Keep in mind that doom and gloom makes great headlines. Also keep in mind that much of what is reported on is on a national level. The realty is that central Denver real estate sales prices are holding steady. Interest rates are lower than they have been in 6 years and there is a lot of inventory to choose from. Put simply, this is indeed the time to buy real estate.
As for gas prices . . . maybe its time that we all become more mindful of our consumption. I know that it has changed some of my behavior patterns. I’m riding my bike more and carpooling when possible.
As for food prices . . . my next step will be to grow a vegetable garden. Yes, I’m serious. I think the chicken coop will have to wait . . .

No comments: